D|Focus Version 3
- Samy's Camera
- Pinknoise Systems
- U-Gem Corporation
- DSTTL+Filmgear United
- Special Camera Service
The world’s first truly affordable follow focus system just got a whole lot better, again! The new D|Focus Version 3 offers an optimized design for better compatibility with DSLR type cameras. The original D|Focus made follow focuses available to all film makers, the D|Focus V2 brought pro-level follow focus performance (near zero backlash and user-adjustable gearbox tension) to all film makers and the V3 improves on it yet again!
The D|Focus V3 is manufactured 100% in the USA using the latest in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Numeric Control (CNC) technology. It is constructed using high quality Delrin™ and Aluminum for strength, durability and light weight.
Changes From the V2
- New custom manufactured knob. Smaller in diameter and longer for a better grip and more room on the marking disc.
- The reference pin also doubles as the 5/64" hex wrench for making adjustments and flipping the gearbox over. This way you always have your adjustment wrench with you!
- Thinner gearbox, about 1/4" thinner than the V2. With the JAG35 Cage or the new JAG35 DSLR Baseplate we are able to make the D|Focus V3 work with even the shortest of lenses without having to reverse the gearbox (which would get in the way of a matte box.)
- Thinner slider mount, again reduced by 1/4", saves room on your rails
- Tension adjustable gearing allows the user to customize how tightly the miter gears mesh. This allows for almost zero backlash!
- Compatible with industry standard 15 mm Rods
- Compatible with all industry standard 32 pitch (0.8 mod) lens gears including the D|Focus | JAG35 D|Gears
- Industry standard accessory port on the knob for whips and cranks
- Single point of adjustment and tensioning onto your rail system
- Reversible gearplate – Set it up on either side of your camera
- End user serviceable and upgradeable design
- New 3D Marking disc!
- Weight - Just 4.5 oz!
- Optional D|Mount available separately
- Compatible with all DSLR cameras, video cameras and 35mm adapters
- One year limited warranty.
Available from our Authorized Sellers on the right
Plus Shipping & Handling
Basic Follow Focus Tutorial